1) Very accurate. I get to coordinates quickly and usually within a few feet of the cache
2) Rugged and waterproof. It’s taken a couple of falls and scrapes without complaint of loss in performance.
3) Easy to use. Seven buttons and a tiny joystick: you always know where you are in the software.
1) Since the unit lacks a USB interface (more expensive models have them), entering waypoints via the small joystick on an alphabetical grid is a small hassle.
2) The unit renders its map screen a little slowly, so passing by that screen in order to get to the data readout reminds me to slow down and breathe.
3) The entry of waypoints is not explained well in the manual. It took me several months (30 plus caches) before I figured out that it was possible to enter waypoints and have the unit point you in the right direction!
Overall, this is an excellent unit for the money, and a good starter GPSr despite the manual. It would be excellent in a K-8 educational environment.